for considering adoption of one of our rescued animals. Below is our adoption procedure. Making our adopters aware of the steps initially makes the process proceed easier.
1. Complete and submit the application (link below) - but before you do, please read the entire adoption procedure.
2. We will review your application, contact your references and contact your vet's office with questions about your previous pets' health care. When reviewing applications, it is not on a "first come first served basis" - we want to make sure that our pets will find a family they fit with, and our families will find a pet that fits with them. Please be patient as it may take awhile to get back to you.
3. If we feel that the pet that you are interested in would be a good fit for you, we will then invite you to schedule an interview with the pet in our home, and we ask that all family members be present. Our main goal is the right pet for the family and even if we feel the particular pet you are interested in isn't a right fit we may make suggestions as to a better fitting pet.
4. You get to meet the pet and any questions or concerns are addressed at this time.
5. If the initial meeting goes well and both parties want to proceed, we will get back to you to schedule a home visit. This is to see where the living area will be, how the toileting needs will be met, and make sure the adopting family is ready to make the commitment to bring this new member into their family and give it the love and care it will need for the rest of its life.
6. The last step is to either take the pet into your home at that time or schedule a future date to pick up the pet at our home, sign a contract with us concerning the pets future needs and continual well-being, and finally pay the adoption fee.
We cannot stress enough that our goal is to find the best possible home for the animals we rescue.
We never know the whole story of what these poor animals have been through when we receive them and start providing love and care for them. BUT, we can do everything in our power to make sure that they have the best possible future. And that means a loving, caring, forever home.
Adoption fees range from $150.00-$300.00 and we have a senior to senior 50% discount (this applies to pets over 6 and adopters 60 and over). A spay/neuter deposit is required for all puppies and kittens. Older cats and dogs are spayed and neutered before adoption.